• Berd spoke lengths are different than metal spoke lengths. The methods for measuring ERD in the table below must be used to calculate correct spoke lengths.
• Double square nipples must always be used with Berd spokes when building wheels with external nipples to accomodate for the extra stretch. However, for the purposes of the calculator, ERD should be measured using slotted nipples or Wheelsmith Rim Rods according to the methods in the links below.
• Berd spokes are compatible with all J-bend hubs and all tangential straight pull hubs. Berd spokes are not compatible with radial straight pull hubs.
• For new Extralite hubs designed specifically for Berd spokes (2022+, contact Extralite to verify), tangential straight pull inserts are not required. Subtract 4 mm from the Berd length recommended by the calculator below.
• If unfamiliar with measuring hubs, using 2:1 lacing, or lacing non-standard components, contact Berd for more information.
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device
choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection