• Significantly less expensive than buying new wheels
• Also applies to new hubs and rims
• Current lead time: 2-3 weeks from the time that parts arrive at Berd
• Choose what to (re)build: wheelset or single wheel
• Choose the number of total spokes for your wheelset (44, 48, 52, 56, 60, or 64) or single wheel (20, 24, 28, 32, 36)
• Choose spoke color: white or black
• Default spoke nipples are Sapim's aluminum 16mm Double Square Polyax with Secure Lock in black
- Shipping: Find a box and pay for shipping your wheels, hubs, or rims to Berd. Please indicate order number on package when shipping. Ensure all loose components including tires, disc brake rotors, valves, tape, cassette, etc. are removed prior to shipping. Do not remove freehub body or end caps from the hubs, as these are necessary for proper wheel building.
- Hubs that are not J-bend or standard tangential straight pull must be pre-approved by Berd prior to sending.
- All rims must have access holes (centered over spoke holes) that allow tensioning from the tire side of the rim.
- We are unable to rebuild many "system" wheelsets with proprietary spoke/hub/rim systems, along with all wheels that use radially laced, straight pull hubs.
- Some rims are front and/or rear specific. Please notify us of these situations before the build is started to ensure that the wheels are built correctly.
- Some hubs require modifying the hub flange, which may void the warranty of your hub manufacturer.
- Please contact us with any questions about these situations or if you need something that is not listed.
- On single wall or shallow rims, the spokes & nipples have a chance of protruding into the rim bed, which can lead to tire/tube failure. Please ensure that there is proper clearance between the rim bed and spoke bed before ordering.
Backed by Berd's 5-Year Limited Warranty