Bicycle wheel building requires practice, patience, and attention to detail. A great wheel builder will select the best components, ensure the proper spoke lengths are used, and build a final product that is true, dished properly, and has even spoke tension. Great wheel builders build wheels that perform like new for years to come.
At Berd we’ve assembled some of the top wheel builders around. Trained in building wheels with Berd spokes, these Berd Certified Wheel Builders have mastered their craft.
To be considered as a member of the Berd Herd, one MUST meet strict wheel building standards. If you think you’ve got what it takes, review our qualifications and complete the Berd Herd application.
- Complete and successfully pass Berd Certification training/instruction program annually
- Lace at least six (6) wheel sets with Berd spokes per year
- Actively participate in forum for feedback and comment on Berd spokes (2x/year)
- Maintain BBI Spoked Wheel Lacing certificate
- Sign a Berd NDA (Berd may share information about innovations it is developing within the forum for feedback)
As a Berd Certified Wheel Builder you will receive:
- Certified training/instruction on building up wheels with Berd spokes
- Recognition on Berd web site as a Berd Certified Wheel Builder
- Berd Herd t-shirt (value: $24.00)
- Berd water bottle (value: $9.95)
- Other associated benefits